Lymph Drainage Therapy
Enhances the flow of lymph throughout the body to help cleanse and strengthen the immune system. Lymph, consisting primarily of blood plasma and white blood cells, is propelled throughout the body by tiny muscular contractions. As it bathes the body’s tissues, lymph collects proteins, toxins, hormones, fatty acids, and immune cells and carries them to lymph nodes for filtering. Stress, infection, fatigue, and emotional upset can compromise this flow, impairing cell function.
Patti uses gentle pressure (a nickel’s weight) to address lymphatic blockages. LDT can be helpful for:
- Reduction of stress and tension
- Allergy and sinus conditions
- Headaches and migraines
- Edemas (swelling) and lymphedemas of multiple causes
- Autoimmune dysfunction (fibromyalgia, Crohn’s Disease, Epstein-Barr Syndrome, multiple sclerosis)
- Lessening wrinkles, cellulite, and fatty deposits
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- National Lymphedema Network
- Society for Oncology Massage
Balances the flow of fluids surrounding the brain and spinal cord to address sensory, neurological, and motor disorders. Fluids surrounding the brain and spinal cord are encased in a membranous sac that rhythmically pumps them from the cranium (the bones of the skull, face, and mouth) to the sacrum (tailbone). Any imbalance in the flow of these fluids can trigger sensory, neurological, and motor disorders. Patti uses a light touch to identify restrictions in the rhythm and assist the system’s hydraulic forces, strengthening the body’s ability to correct itself.
CST can be most beneficial for:
- Migraines and headaches
- TMJ (temporomandibular joint syndrome)
- Stress and tension-related problems, like post-traumatic stress disorder and chronic fatigue
- Chronic neck and back pain, scoliosis
- Developmental challenges like colic and learning disabilities
Reduces stress, enhances relaxation, and promotes healing by improving the flow of life-force energy through correct placement of the therapist’s hands.
Uses finger pressure to stimulate the body’s healing systems and induce deep relaxation.
Occurs during deep body healing; as tissues, cells and fluids heal, they release energy creating sounds; the therapist is the vehicle through which these sounds are heard.
Reduces stress as it loosens tight, sore muscles in the neck, back, shoulders and arms.