Patti Corscaden, LMT, has special training in oncology massage, a unique combination of gentle hands-on therapies, which can enhance healing while it promotes relaxation and well-being at all stages of the cancer journey. As Patti explains: “I look at the client as a whole person so that I can fully understand how I can support that person’s health and healing at every stage of the cancer journey.”
Oncology massage is highly individualized. Patti learns all she can about a client’s medical history, with detailed questions about diagnosis, medications, surgeries, and treatments. She often speaks with her clients’ doctors. Every session with a client includes time for conversation, so she can assess what the client needs that day and how she can provide the most help. During the massage, she receives further guidance from the body itself.
Cancer massage supports and enhances conventional treatments, and provides a calming oasis of peace and wholeness that stay with a client long after a session has ended.
Benefits of oncology massage:
- Help prepare a client for surgery
- Provide relaxation and calmness
- Help lower blood pressure
- Prepare the lymph system for healing
- Relieve the physical side effects of treatment such as nausea, pain, and fatigue
- Reduce stress, anxiety, and depression
- Engage a patient’s active participation in the healing process
- Provide periods of pleasure and peace
Patti offers visits in the comfort of your home, in clinical settings, assisted living facilities and hospitals, as well as her studio in Newcastle, Maine.